I’m wondering if I’m the only person who does this, but during the workweek, I mostly drink either decaf or half-caf coffee, because while full-on coffee helps me get a lot of stuff done, it makes me super jittery, and when I’m sitting there trying to put my thoughts together or do something like write, I just can’t handle it sometimes. There’s no outlet for all of the buzzing going on in my body and my head.
But on the weekends? On Saturdays? Girl, I drink the real stuff. ? Because on Saturday, I feel like, OK, it’s my free day. I can do whatever I want, and real coffee is gonna get me through it.
I mean, there are so many things I want to do today! — other than the usual boring house chores that gotta get done. So many looks I wanna try, stores I want to visit, books I want to read. I dunno!
Speaking of that, I have to tell you about my new Saturday coffee. It’s nothing super fancy. El Hub got me addicted to it, but it’s called Folger’s Simply Smooth, and it’s just… I don’t know if I’ve gotten used to the bitterness of Starbucks and Peet’s coffee, but this Folger’s Simply Smooth isn’t bitter or tangy at all. It’s mild and not acidic, so it doesn’t hurt my tummy at all. Even if you make it VERY strong, it still doesn’t have too much bite.
I just had a sip… Ahhh! It’s so good.
By the way, I’m drinking it from another over-sized cat teacup I recently found at Marshalls. I’m slowly amassing a mismatched tea set of these cat tea cups, haha!
It’s by Portobello by Inspire, and it says “Home is where my cat is,” and there are all these little kitty cats on it! The only thing is, it didn’t come with a matching saucer, though, like my Roy Kirkham mug.
I love drinking out of this cup because when you get to the bottom, there’s an illustration on the inside of a little ball of yarn and silhouettes of kitties with crooked tails. And when I drink out of this cup, Connor always comes by and says, “Cat! Cat!” and points at the cat drawings on the side. It’s so cute.
While I proceed to drink this coffee and melt into blissful oblivion, I’m also going to read more of Cocoa Beach. ? If you need some morning reading material, here are some stories that caught my eye this week.
- Be sure you’re within range of your fainting couch when you peep the vintage makeup compacts in this post. They’re to die for!
- Excited about this! — the new Kérastase Aura Botanica line is 98% natural and silicone-free.
- Here are some products that will last through crying, kissing and everything in between, according to the makeup artist for Jane the Virgin (I marathon’d the first two seasons and thought it was hilarious).
- In case you were unaware, tarot is trending, and Dior predicted it months ago.
- I mean, do you really need to ask? But just in case you were wondering why your cat is giving you the cold shoulder…
- Covergirl is revamping its marking with brand ambassadors who represent a mix of ethnicities and ages (!). All I have to say about that — it’s about damn time a 69-year-old was featured in a beauty campaign.
- Halloween and candy didn’t always go hand in hand, which is craziness to me!
- I’ve been following CRISPR. It’s one of the biggest science stories of the decade, and here’s a simple guide to everything you need to know about it.
- Inner mantras (hey, I have a few!) are powerful things. Here’s how fitness mogul Robin Arzon used them to thrive after a near-death experience, and transform herself into a one-woman fitness brand.
- I love this video of sixth-grade girls rapping about academic success.
- Long-lasting lipsticks, starting at $9
- How to banish butt acne (Don’t laugh, I know you’ve had it before! I totally have.)
- I’m feeling the purples and plums in the Natasha Denona Lila Eyeshadow Palette.
- If you can, marry a man who will go to Sephora so he can learn how to apply your makeup after you lose your vision.
- If you shopped on the Tarte website between 2008 and 2017, your personal info may have been compromised in a recent data breech.
- Desperately seeking this Colombian nail polish brand because it supposedly doesn’t chip.
Have a great day, and oooh! — tell me what kind of coffee you have in your cupboard right now. What’s your favorite blend and brand?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Powered by WPeMatico