Aloha, friend! Chances are, as you’re reading this, I’m on a plane ✈️ soaring over the Pacific Ocean, because we’re headed to Hawaii 🌺 today (the island of Oahu) to see family. Word on the street is that it’s “cold” (air quotes) over there right now, but you know…if cold means upper-70s with an occasional downpour, I’ll take it. I’m still crossing my fingers that it’ll be sunny a few days, though, so I can go to the beach and make friends with some beach cats. Tabs, who will be working closely with (a.k.a micromanaging) his favorite pet sitter here at the home office, has tasked me with finding new kitty modeling talent while I’m there, and as I’m sure you’re aware, Tabs won’t accept anything less than excellence.
Good luck to me!
On that note, your Saturday reading…
- Serious question: Are you ready for this jelly?? Because jelly makeup is allegedly the next big thing in beauty.
- OTT fashion designer Betsey Johnson has a new line of makeup.
- The latest trend in beauty? Pop-up destinations that combine makeup and cuisine.
- How Daniel Martin went from working at MAC to doing Meghan Markle’s iconic wedding day makeup.
- Maria Hatzistefanis, founder of Rodial skin care, built a $90 million biz with no beauty industry experience. Here’s how she did it.
- Artist Laetitia Ky is “Insta-famous” for her gravity-defying hair sculptures, which are simultaneously playful and political.
- In case you were wondering just how cold it was in Iowa this week, it was cold enough to freeze this girl’s hair.
- To go with your favorite leopard-print 🐆 cardigan or leopard-print scarf: leopard-print hair.
- What do felines do when they’re “extra”? Well, Louise and Tina, two up-and-coming Silicon Valley tech-mogul kitties, live in their own $1,500-a-month studio apartment, complete with a cat tree AND Apple TV.
- Skin care line Joanna Vargas takes a less-is-more approach to aging.
- Actress Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark on Game of Thrones, walks us through the evolution of Sansa’s hair throughout the seven seasons.
- The best red lipsticks, according to the Rockettes.
- The people of Amazon have spoken, and apparently they love these leggings, all of which cost $30 or less.
I love 💖 her so much! That flute solo is NO JOKE, either!
Holla if you ever wished you were a Solid Gold Dancer.
My favorite kind of Saturday morning music
Note to self: Find a yoga class where dogs are allowed to hang out.
A VERY detailed step-by-step for a smoky look on hooded lids.
See you on the beach soon. Have a wonderful weekend!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Powered by WPeMatico